Protection of Private Information
Tenbits (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice
Tenbits (Pty) Ltd is a company registered in South Africa (registration number 2013/110388/07) having its principal address at 226 Dunkeld West Shopping Centre, Corner Jan Smuts and Bompas Avenue, Gauteng, South Africa, 2196(“we”, “us”, “our”).
We are committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and to protecting your personal information and privacy.
This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website www.tenbits.co.za(the “Site”), via email or telephone, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR SITE
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
The Site is not intended for use by minors.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site or via email, we collect certain personal information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
In order to fulfil your order and engrave the wristband, we collect additional Order Information such as emergency number, medical aid provider and medical aid member number and if you are obtaining the wrist band for the purposes of participating in a parkrun event, we collect your parkrun barcode number.
If you want us to include health information on your wrist bands such
as allergies, you acknowledge that by providing this information you
consent to us processing it for these purposes. You acknowledge that
this is entirely voluntary. We will ofcourse keep all health information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, engraving the wristbands, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU BECOME A SUPPLIER
We collect names, contact details, financial and tax information from suppliers and professional service providers so that we can place orders/instruct you and make payment in respect of any goods or services we receive. We do this on the basis of the intention of contracting with you or for the performance of a contract we have with you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For those persons purchasing our wristbands for the purposes of parkrun, parkrun will have most of your information already. The only information we share with parkrun is your name and your parkrun barcode.
We will share your name, address and contact number with our courier provider for the purposes of delivering the wristbands.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE INFORMATION?
Without the Device Information, you may not be able to use the Site as certain Device Information is required for fraud prevention. Some functionality may also not be available.
We collect only that Order Information we require for the purposes of fulfilling your order. Without the information we will be unable to process your order.
Furthermore, if you wish to be considered a supplier or partner, we need your information to conclude a contract with you or fulfil our obligation under a contract we may already have with you.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
The Site’s payment portal ensures PCI DSS Level 1 compliance. We have policies and procedures around use of technology and devices, IT security, document retention and destruction and data breach procedures.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Withdraw consent to us processing your personal information. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or withdraw consent to us processing your information, please contact the Information Officer stipulated at the end of this notice in writing.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001 P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za. General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes made to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on the website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint or exercise any of your rights, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by post using the details provided below:
Tenbits (Pty) Ltd, 226 Dunkeld West Shopping Centre, Corner Jan Smuts and Bompas Avenue, Gauteng, South Africa, 2196